New Delhi: La Poste offers postal life insurance (PLI) and rural postal life insurance (RPLI) plans. All professionals, both public and private sector employees, can benefit from the aforementioned insurance schemes, according to details provided by India Post. India post programs are very popular because investors viewed them as safe and stable.Also Read – LIVE IPL 2021 DC vs KKR Live Cricket Score, IPL Live Match Qualifier 2 Latest Updates: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw Lead Delhi Capitals’ Cautious Start vs Kolkata Knight Riders in Sharjah; Stoinis returns for DC
Postal systems: tax advantages
- The advantages of PLI and RPLI are that both of these offer affordable insurance and a high bonus compared to other life insurers, India Post tweeted.
- The PLI policy is available to employees of central and state governments such as defense and paramilitary services, public sector companies (PSUs), banks, educational institutions and local agencies, India Post said.
- Other professionals such as doctors, engineers, accountants, MBAs, lawyers and journalists, as well as employees of companies listed with ESB and NSE may benefit from the PLI program, according to details provided by India Post.
- Meanwhile, the RPLI program is available to all people residing in rural areas.
- The post office offers a discount in payment of premium PLI or RPLI. Qualifying discounts of 1% and 2% will be given respectively for 6 months and 12 months or more of advance deposits under the PLI program, India Post said.
- Eligible discounts of 0.5%, 1% and 2% will be given for 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or more of deposits in the RPLI program respectively, according to India Post.
- PLI and RPLI policyholders can pay premiums at any post office across the country. Apart from this, online payments through the PLI portal with debit or credit card, BHIM / UPI and net banking. The bonus can also be paid through salary, India Post said.
- PLI and RPLI policyholders are eligible for an income tax refund under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Also read – Have you heard of Coca-Cola Lake? Read the interesting facts here Also Read – Iconic 100 Crore Covid Vaccine Doses To Be Given Next Week In India: Report